Charter Township of Ypsilanti
Director of Golf Operations
Seeking enthusiastic qualified applicant to direct and supervise the business operations of the Green Oaks Golf Course. Position is responsible for planning, promoting and directing all golf activities including daily management responsibilities.
- Prepare yearly budget including forecasting of short and long term goals outlining improvements to the facilities.
- Plan and conduct golf clinics and development opportunities.
- Design marketing plan to properly position the facility in the marketplace.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Golf Management, Business Administration or related field with experience in golf course operation; or a combination of relevant education and experience demonstrating knowledge, skill, and ability to perform the essential duties.
- Have a minimum of five years professional management experience.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to analyze, manage and solve personnel and administrative problems.
- Knowledge of computer software systems including MS Office and GolfNow.
- Possess and maintain a valid Michigan Driver’s License with a good driving history.
- Have Class “A” Member with PGA in good standing preferred.
Salary Range: $45,000 – $50,000 DOQ.
Job description and application is available at: ytown.org or in the HR Department at the Township Civic Center, 7200 S. Huron River Dr., Ypsilanti, MI.
Closing Date: Friday, October 14, 2016
Equal Opportunity Employer