WOW – FREE GOLF LESSON!
Saturday, May 13, 2017, Belle Isle Golf Center,
Belle Isle Park, Detroit, Mich.
DETROIT, Mich., April 18, 2017 – Can’t beat free! Belle Isle Golf Center Junior Golf Program:
- FREE 50-minute golf lesson from a teaching professional
- Belle Isle Golf Center, 175 Lakeside Dr., Belle Isle Park, East Jefferson and East Grand Blvd., Detroit, MI 48207
- Saturday, May 13
- 10 – 5 pm
- Sign up at www.thebelleislegolfcenter.com 313-926-6008
- Equipment provided
- Participating organizations that offer junior golf programs will be onsite to answer questions:
- LPGA Girls Golf Program sponsored by Michigan Women’s Golf Association (MWGA)
- Royal Oak Golf Center
- The First Tee Greater Detroit
- City of Southfield Golf Camps
The lesson is especially geared toward kids and their parents/guardians/ grandparents who have never played golf and want to have the experience. The objective of MWGA Girls Golf, First Tee of Greater Detroit and Royal Oak Golf Center is to show kids and parents golf programs available to them this summer. “We all offer different programs for kids,” says Francine Pegues, President of Michigan Women’s Golf Association and owner and operator of the Belle Isle Golf Center. “This is an opportunity to get a lesson from a teaching professional and talk with those organizations that offer golf programs for kids. Each organization will be onsite to answer questions and sign kids up for the summer. Golf reinforces values like integrity, respect and perseverance and is a game that can be played for years and years. It helps bring generations together.”
A state Recreation Passport is required for vehicle entry to Bell Isle Park. Passes are available at the park entrance for an annual fee of $11.
Contact Francine Pegues at [email protected] or 313-969-0523 if you have questions about the free May 13 golf lesson. For more information about the Michigan Women’s Golf Association, visit www.mwgolf.org.