MWGA SPRING SCRAMBLE & ANNUAL MEETING OPEN TO ALL WOMEN GOLFERS, Saturday, May 4, Salem Hills Golf Club, Northville
April 25, 2013. The Michigan Women’s Golf Association (MWGA) Annual Meeting and 4-Women Member-Guest Spring Scramble will be held on Saturday, May 4 at Salem Hills Golf Club in Northville. The meeting, Chinese auction and buffet lunch will begin at 11am followed by a 1:30pm Scramble shotgun.
It’s a great opportunity to learn about this women’s golf association founded in 1986 and open to amateur women golfers of all skill levels. The cost to attend the meeting and lunch only is $15. To attend that plus golf in the scramble will cost $63 (or $73 if entering available games). Registration and payment can be made at www.mwgolf.org. If you don’t have a full team, don’t worry. Enter as a single, twosome or threesome and you will be teamed with other players. A USGA index is needed, but the handicap director, Sue Madej can assist in obtaining this at [email protected] or you will play at scratch.
Other upcoming MWGA events include:
- May 11 Golf Skills Clinic & On-Course Management conducted by Tami Bealert at Hickory Creek, Superior Twp., 12pm and 4pm
- May 11 Match Play competition, Whispering Willows, Livonia, 11a
- May 19 Match Play competition, Tanglewood, South Lyon, 12:30p
- May 25 2-Person Four-Ball, Women & Mixed Teams, Farmington Hills, 2pm
Membership in MWGA offers the opportunity to meet and golf with a variety of women golfers on different courses, playing different formats, plus many other benefits:
- Rules and skills clinics
- Discounted entry fee into 10-12 golf competitions
- Member discounts with Bob Krause Golf Instructor, Chris Darakdjian Club Builder/Fitter and Dave Davis Golf Fitness Instructor at Pure Impact Golf Studio, Commerce Twp.